03 CREATING MEDIA

Sunday, October 4, 2020

MUSIC VIDEO CONCEPT IN DETAIL

MUSIC VIDEO - FINISHED CONCEPT

Establishing shot: My establishing shot will contain my lip syncing to the intro of the song, whilst cutting back and forth to me texting a girl saying 'we need to take a break' signified by the lyrics 'im sorry that I let you down' showing that im not putting any effort in, and that school is my only priority. 

Main idea/overview: I want this video to be of a lonely kid who hasn’t found himself and he needs to find some light at the end of the tunnel. By this I mean that he is going through a lot at school and being bullied, and he goes to the woods to find himself.  I will have some shots of me being made fun of and being bullied at school.  Mid way through the video (roughly) I will visit the Claremont woods. This will represent how small and insignificant my life is. 

After this, there will be a cut scene of me sitting at home doing prep on my laptop and I get a connection error, and out of anger I throw my pen down and I slam my laptop. After this I will seemingly take a break from everything, and try and go away from school work. As the song progresses, I get anger lip syncing which expresses how stressful school is getting, being the sameslow repetitive cycle that it is.

The final shot will consist of the sky cutting back and forth to me lip syncing with a crane shot. But in this instance, the sky is slowly zooming down towards me, and in the final 'let you down' of the song it pans to me with a close up, singing the final words.

No comments:

Post a Comment

03 CREATING MEDIA: MUSIC VIDEO

NF - LET YOU DOWN Brief 3 - an original music video to accompany a hip hop music track aimed at an audience of 14-18 year olds Statement of ...