03 CREATING MEDIA

Monday, December 7, 2020

PLANNING MY MUSIC VIDEO

 STATEMENT OF INTENT

I am aiming to create a music video with the song Let You Down by NF.  It will appeal to young teenagers and a hip hop music idea. The song idea I have is just over two minutes long and will contain multiple angles, emotions and locations.

SONG

I have chosen NF - Let You Down, because whilst also being hip hop, it is an emotional song that has a lot of meaning to it. The song relates to young teenagers who are going through a lot, and the song may help them with their problems. Other NF songs are usually targeted at teenagers. The lyrics in the song are about a teenager who is depressed and has disappointed their family.  They have to act like they are fine and happy all of the time. Their goal in life is to make their parents proud. 

NARRATIVE

My music video also has many similarities to the lyrics. I will tell the story of a person (me), who is being bullied at school and has difficulties doing homework, and he has a lot on his mind. This will attract younger teenage audiences as they may have to go through a lot at school as well, which means younger audiences can relate and connect with it. The song will cut between me and the lip syncing behind the green screen. There will be a large range of camera angles used such as drone shots, and person to person interaction shots. There will also be zooms and pans in my music video.

PERFORMANCE

My music video will contain numerous locations such as woods, a house, a schooling area and a green screen. I will include lip syncing in mu music video with me singing into a microphone. This will also include different camera angles using during the performance.

LOCATION

I am going to film across multiple locations. Primarily it will be across the school ground, but I will have to do filming in my local woods to gather some more footage. I will also film some footage outdoors in my local park to have more diversity in my music video in terms of having these different locations.

No comments:

Post a Comment

03 CREATING MEDIA: MUSIC VIDEO

NF - LET YOU DOWN Brief 3 - an original music video to accompany a hip hop music track aimed at an audience of 14-18 year olds Statement of ...