03 CREATING MEDIA

Monday, January 11, 2021

03 CREATING MEDIA



 

03 CREATING MEDIA

The first part of today's session is planning how to take forward our hiphop music videos under lockdown at home. We came to these decisions:

  • I approach family members to act as cameraman and discuss suitable filming times outdoors, in the woods. I will only need one family member to help me create my sequence photos, and the optimum time to go out would be when noon begins, to have the best lighting.
  • Montage sequences: we start today by making a practice photo in Powerpoint using 'remove background', featuring yourself as performer against a suitable backdrop. I positioned myself to make it create the false image of me walking in the woods, and when I put it into Powerpoint I turned the brightness and contrast on the 'create more of a realistic image'. I chose these backgrounds as it fits the mis en scene of my music video.
  • A series of such images could be cut to the beat. Therefore, is the montage sequence likely to go with a 'quiet' (slow) bit of your lyrics or a 'busy' (fast) bit? That decision will affect what you shoot.




1 comment:

  1. You have not written up this post individually. There are two beautiful photos but no evidence of the 'montage' work or specific planning.

    ReplyDelete

03 CREATING MEDIA: MUSIC VIDEO

NF - LET YOU DOWN Brief 3 - an original music video to accompany a hip hop music track aimed at an audience of 14-18 year olds Statement of ...