03 CREATING MEDIA

Wednesday, February 24, 2021

STATEMENT ON INTENT

The hip hop song to interpret my music video is Let You Down, by NF. My video will be over 2 minutes, and plans to include several locations, shots and movements. This song relates to a younger audience of teenagers because the lyrics are relatable; someone having issues and has let their partner down, and he wishes he was forgiven for mistreating someone who wanted to treat well. This relates to relationship issues I have in my music video.

The narrative I have in my music will be related to the lyrics. It will convey the story of a young boy texting his partner, saying they need to take a break. I convey this by adding texts on the screen as each text is played out, whilst cutting between me passionately lip syncing the lyrics to the chorus 'I'm sorry that I let you down'. This expresses my feelings and that I need to find a way to escape this bubble I am in, in my life. I have text bubbles popping out of the screen to the side instead of showing my phone.

I am in the snow with white and black clothes on because it represents darkness and in a lonely place. Also, it is a genre convention, with my bottoms, hoodie and stereotypical teen clothes. I show my stress when I do a shot of me opining my laptop, viewing an essay. Whilst doing this lip syncing in the snow, and behind my green screen (which is a shot of the woods), I'm doing the essay and struggling to do it, and continuously put my head down disappointingly. When the main beat hits, there is a 2 second clip of my body shattering into pieces using special effects, to represent how I want to disappear. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

03 CREATING MEDIA: MUSIC VIDEO

NF - LET YOU DOWN Brief 3 - an original music video to accompany a hip hop music track aimed at an audience of 14-18 year olds Statement of ...